Monday, December 15, 2008

Having trawled the internet for the better part of the year, (before I actually had serious work to do), I realised I have probably met an alarming list of internet jargons. Here, I consider the relative merits of some more notable ones :

1. Omission of vowels. Pretty understandable, given how slow some people actually type, but still.

2. Tml. I mean, seriously? How is tomorrow, tml? Tmr, maybe, but with an L? It baffles the mind - there just isn't an L there, no matter how hard I tried. Someone please explain.

3. Wut/Wat? For God's sake. 'What' has one extra letter. Even if you are one of those who can't type supercalifragilistic before Kingdom comes, one extra letter still wouldn't make much of a difference. In case anyone has any difficulty locating H, its actually right in the middle. Not too hard at all.

4. Sk8? I must say, pretty creative. Also, it saves three letters, which is considerably better than tml. Weirdly, tml is more of a mainstream fixture.

5. Roflmao. Funny thing is, considering how often you actually see that phrase, I have yet to actually roll on the floor laughing from anything someone says over the net. I wonder if I am stoically impervious to internet humour.

No comments: