Thursday, November 02, 2006

I didn't know post exams can be such a complicating matter. I used to think you study hard through the year, sit for the exams, and get a two and a half month respite for being such a good boy, i.e. studying compulsively for anything they throw in your way.

In the midst of it all, of course, i marvel at the fact that i can still spend an entire day on my bed reading a book which has nothing to do with the four essays i am supposed to be working on, due to a conspicuous absence of other more interesting activities.

I just found out that i am in for a shelling tomorrow because of my failure to turn up for Physics Olympiad, although i have only been informed about it two weeks before the competition and has hinted subtly several times that the only thing i will be able to do there is to fill my name in. Not that my other appointment last Friday went too well, but i would still like to believe that it was considerably more enjoyable than staring at physic questions for five hours in a lecture theatre. I didn't have much choice to begin with, and am now faced with the extremely undesirable prospect of having to see my physics teacher tomorrow for a (hopefully) short but understandably unpleasant meeting.

Which i think is distinctly unfair.