I was flipping through the papers today and was totally appalled by the movie review section. Dark Knight was, understandably, given five stars, but while all other movies had semi-decent reviews, the Dark Knight's resembled something written by a mentally defective two year old. I quote:
'Ladies and gentlemen, the year's cinematic juggernaut has arrived. If you see only one film this year, then this must be it. The Dark Knight has my vote for the film of the year. If you miss it, then I feel very sorry for you. So sorry. Very sorry.
I'm sorry, am I being condescending? Sorry.'
And that was it. Apart from the obvious fact that whoever wrote it has the language proficiency and vocabulary of a three year old (sorry, one supposes, being the latest word learnt and hence the repetitive and totally incomprehensible use of it), it has that intolerable smugness of a piece of writing that supposes itself to be witty, but is actually, to put it lightly, crap.
How on earth did that get published ?
Friday, July 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment