Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I think I can explain the recent dearth of posts on this blog.

As silly as this may sound, I actually think that this extremely long break from work is starting to strain. I know I will change my mind the minute I get to Cambridge and have work start to pile up again, but at this present moment, I am more or less tired of this unending break. The first few months were really fun and it was good to have nothing to do for a change, but I am starting to fatigue from having to cope with doing nothing meaningful for the past six months.

I wouldn't tag myself a compulsive worker, as evidenced by the fact that I have yet to do any serious reading that might aid me in university but I need something to look forward to, or at the very least, define my day. I don't remember ever looking forward to classes back in school, but at least it was comforting to know that there will be classes from 7 to 4 five days a week, and two days of blissful rest. Right now, my days are pretty much undifferentiated slabs of time, with the occasional eventful period ( i.e. going to Singapore ). Even poker sessions and sisha are starting to get tiresome, because there are so many plays you can make with a hand. And I really don't want to die young.

Blogging becomes exceptionally difficult, as such, because that means I have to sift through the laze for bits that are worth committing to words. Hopefully, things will start to look up in the next month or so.

P.S. Turns out I did not need to cancel the class on probability. The students did, on their own accord.

No comments: