Now that I am working as a relief teacher, I could empathise with my former teachers. It really isn't easy teaching a bunch of overactive, guai lan secondary school kids, who think that they know-it-all and whose sole mission in life is to disrupt your class and piss you the fuck off.
Anyway my job isn't so much to teach as to babysit a class, in the absence of their regular teachers. I gave up trying to teach when I inexplicably decided that the easiest way to make them understand the difference between series and parallel circuits was to explain Kirchchoff's laws to them.
It didn't really work out.
I got along well with the other classes because I bribed them promising to end the lessons slightly earlier, and also by giving them the answers. It would seem like the kids in my school aren't big fans of cerebration.
Am wondering if I could survive the next few months, before I fly to C________.
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment