My Ucas Track status has finally been updated after three weeks of agonizing inactivity and the server is.
Very conveniently under service.
Dammit why couldn't they let me check my offers? I mean, Cambridge might have offered me a 34 point conditional offer which would expire by tomorrow. Or something like that.
On a somewhat-but-not-entirely-related note, I was at an education fair, in Malaysia. Some fellow from Nus told me that admission to medicine does not discriminate based on nationality, which I suppose is a polite way of saying that a Singaporean would get in more easily, but only slightly more so. He also assured me that I would need at least 45 points to have a fair shot at getting in. Now forgive me if my logic is a bit rusty but I think the argument would proceed along the lines :
Premise 1 : I need at least 45 points to get into medicine
Premise 2 : Admission requirements are the same, regardless of nationality, which brings us to ..
Conclusion 1 : Everyone needs 45 points to get into medicine
Conclusion 2: No one is bloody getting into Nus medicine
Alternative Conclusion 2 : The guy is a jackass
You decide.
Saturday, December 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment