Saturday, November 03, 2007

English Paper 2 is killing me.

Karan thinks that I am too much of a science student to do it. He broke it down for me and now according to him I am doing much better, because it is easier to see things in parts. Kind of like how a mechanic work I suppose.

But I think I am too much of a Chinese to be able to do lit. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Siddhartha. But the thought of spending one and a half hours putting my thoughts down into words, for a critical appraisal of the book is, frankly, very unappealing. It requires too much cerebration, and it doesn't bring much good either. If I understand the book a certain way, and you disagree, you will find that I am not very much inclined to prove you wrong, or to even defend my own stance, which is a typically Chinese sentiment.

Science is different. I like it no better than Siddhartha, but I can always find out where I went wrong and correct it quite easily. I wonder if that is because I am Chinese too.

No comments: