Sunday, October 28, 2007

I should have been studying but instead I spent it reading the blog of a very frustrated teacher.

Still it was good to know that there are still people out there who can speak the truth, the way they see it and without any unnecessary embellishments. I am tired of everything that we do now, where everything we do seem to be magnified into acts of national salvation. I mean like, seriously. No one fucking studies for the glory of the institution; I am doing it because I have to in order to get my diploma so that I have a decent shot at getting into a uni.

I realised that we, as a generation, have heads considerably bigger than our shoulders. This may have something to do with all the dressing up we do. We are all star students, excellent leaders, agile sportsman. We do not have to be the best, but we all believe that we are entitled, that we are born to inherit the best of this world. Frankly, all this is rather disgusting.

To tell you the truth, I am quite sick of having to write that I am a motivational leader just because I was in the class committee. Truth is, I am mediocre when it comes to leadership, and I can't play most sports to save my life. This doesn't mean I am no good at life, but I am hardly the inspirational leader that my testimonial professes I am. But at least give me credit for not believing in that crap eh?

So there you have it. I wish I could tell this to the universities I am applying to and tell them to go shove it when they reject me.

No comments: