Saturday, April 08, 2006

I have never understood why some adults insist on treating kids like they are retarded or something. I was at this church this morning, they were offering a programme for kids in the neighbouring estates and the idea was to make the kids speak and improve their English.At this point, alert readers would get the drift and anticipate what is going to happen next, well, because, basically, this is so bloody common, if you excuse the language.

Anyway, coming back. I was with this group of primary 4 kids and a droopy looking lady and she was going through this book with them, something about an angry kid who miraculously turned happy after he spoke to his parents, which just makes you wonder what in hell parents are doing nowadays. I mean, not even retarded primary 1 kids would fall for this crap, and everyone knows that... erm, well, at least most kids know that but i really don't know if adults have been let in on the secret. But the point is that the book is so staggeringly, inconceivably S-t-u-p-i-d, that you would have expected her to engage the kids in a discussion about the over simplification of thhe issues in the book and get them to respond to it.

But as expected, she didn't.

Which means i have to start looking for something else to fulfill my Cas hours. Sigh