Friday, April 14, 2006

I had initially planned to do something useful today, but i somehow managed to idle the entire day away.

I tried unsuccessfully, for about two hours this morning, to work on the second draft of my TOK essay, although i ended up doing everything but the essay. I realized that the mere thought of working on the essay provokes a psychological reaction akin to mentally turning green and vomiting voluminously. And it doesn't help to know this essay isn't going to be graded, so it doesn't matter whether its well written or not, or that most people can't tell the difference anyway.

I'm really not working as hard as i should be this year, but then again, some things just don't matter as much as they used to. I guess i have gotten a bit sick of our education system, because at every stage you learn that what you have been doing previously is not exactly true, until you realize that all you are doing is trading one set of lies for another. Honestly though, it is possible to play along and give the teachers what they want and get away with it, but this ceases to be amusing after a while, and i can't seem to convince myself that it is worth the effort nowadays.

This is probably the worst time to start feeling drained, but hopefully i will scrape through this two years and come out fine.