So having come to grips with the sad and flatulent realisation that the holidays are coming to an end, I finally worked myself into a state of mind that would allow me to think about it without suffering a nervous breakdown.
The point of course, is that it wasn't really a break, not in the purest sense of the word. I mean, we are supposed to be having a break right, and I might be a bit old-fashioned here, but I have always thought breaks involve a fair amount of idling around with nothing important to do, which is an excellent way to spend time actually. I contend that no one who hasn't idled an afternoon away can seriously claim to have enjoyed life, but that's a different story. But noooo, the teachers must insist on loading us with enough work to erm, ' keep you occupied for the entire holidays'. I mean, phew but that was the most elaborate piece of anti-logic I have ever heard. And you don't want to hear about the others ( you seriously don't..)
So, now that having our hols occupied with homework is perfectly fine, I suggest that they take the fiction a step further and make us go school during the hols, for the purpose of refreshing us for the new term. This would also be to the advancement of education and humanity in general, becuse can you imagine all these youths idling their time away without doing anything productive.. ? Plus, imagine all the extra time we have for studying.
Yeah, I know we are supposed to be hard-working and diligent, you know the usual do-not-rest-on-your-laurels and all, but seriously, what are laurels for, except... maybe, for us to rest on .. a little..?
Friday, March 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment