Sunday, March 05, 2006

First Post

After having dallied for a day, I finally decided to work on my virgin post, although I have already been beaten to it by my more industrious, erm, split personality. I know the concept of 'working on' something is hardly fitting for a blog that unabashedly claims to be nothing but idle ramblings, but ah well, everyone has to start off somewhere...

This blog, after all, makes no claims to profundity, or to having any intellectual value, it is merely, as the title so subtly suggests .... idle ramblings, borne of an essentially idle mind. It might taken as a testament to my inane boredom, but for some reason or other, i have decided to start a blog with my split personality and dutifully update it periodically forever and ever hereafter .. amen. Okay that was a lie. Obviously. No one should keep a blog, or a diary, and vow to update it periodically, because it would inevitably degenerate into a mechanical account of one's life, which is exactly what a blog should not be ( such humility .... tsk tsk .. really..). Or ( but do keep this to yourself won't you? Its so ... embarassing ), I might just be making excuses for my laziness...

So thats about it this time. I know, as an opening, this is hardly ' Four score and seven years ago... ' or ' Friends. Romans and countrymen', but this must suffice for whatever humble purpose I have sought to achieve with this short post ( which is to say, nothing). Plus, i really must get back to my game now.

No comments: